Fall Lessons in History Lecture Series at NCWM
- From: Aug 26, 2017 – Dec 09, 2017
- The National Civil War Museum
- 1 Lincoln Circle
at Reservoir Park
Harrisburg, PA 17103
- Times: See event listing
- Admission: Free and open to the public
- Phone: (717) 260-1861
The National Civil War Museum has five new programs in the 2017 Lessons in History Lecture series.
These outstanding speakers are presented to the public free of charge and are offered once a month:
• Saturday, August 26, 1:00pm - 2:00pm “They Fought Like Demons,” Woman Soldiers of the Civil War with Deanne Blanton, National Archives.
• Saturday, September 16, 1:00pm - 2:00pm “Southern Occupation by USCT Troops after the War” with Hari Jones, Independent Scholar.
• Saturday, October 14, 1:00pm - 2:00pm “Medical Experimentation in The Civil War” with David Price, Executive Director of the National Museum of Civil War Medicine.
• Friday, November 17, 6:00pm - 8:00pm “Hood Boys the Texas Brigade” with Dr. Susannah Ural, University of Southern Mississippi. This program is co-presented with the Harrisburg Civil War Roundtable.
• Saturday, December 9, 1:00pm - 2:00pm "A Devastating Team: The Mississippi Flotilla and Joint Operations in the Mississippi River Valley” with Dr. Terry Beckenbaugh, Air War College.
The 2017 Lessons in History program is free to the public. Regular museum admission applies for entrance to the museum galleries.
For a complete listing of other events at the Museum, please visit the Museum website: www.nationalcivilwarmuseum.org or call 717.260.1861.